FAQ – Why is climate information useful?
Why is climate information useful?
To plan for and adapt to a future under climate change, we need knowledge and information about how the climate will change in the region we are interested in and what the impacts of these changes are likely to be.
In order to be successful, adaptation strategies need to make use of the best available climate information, including assessments of recent climatic trends and projected future climate change that may be experienced in the years to come.
- weADAPT shares climate information to help climate change adaptation decision-making. Read more: What is climate change adaptation?
- See our step-by-step introductory guide on using climate information to support climate adaptation planning and policy-making.
- Summary on climate science for a general audience (external resource, IPCC)
- Integrating Climate Risk Information into NAPs, UN CC:e-Learn course
- See our step-by-step introductory guide on using climate information to support adaptation planning and policy-making.
- Explore the Using Climate Information Theme for details more background on climate information and how it can be used in decision-making for adaptation and development.
Please get in touch with weADAPT if you have further questions.